1st Annual Legal Food Frenzy
The following explains the rules for counting non-perishable food and cash contributions to the Legal Food Frenzy for the Kentucky Association of Food Banks and its network of food pantries.
The firm or legal organization raising the most pounds will win the Attorney General’s Cup. Prizes will also be awarded in 7 categories: Sole Practitioner, Small Firm, Medium Firm, Large Firm, Law School, Corporate legal department, and Government Entity.
The contest begins March 27, 2017. You may not count any money or food collected after midnight on Friday April 7, 2017.
- Law firms, law schools, corporate legal departments and government entities sign up to compete at KyFoodFrenzy.com. Law firms with multiple office locations should sign up individually but will compete as a single entity.
- Organizations signing up by March 1, 2017 will have 100 pounds added to their score.
- Designated firm champions will be contacted by a representative of their regional food bank upon enrollment.
- Contributions of money are encouraged! Each dollar contributed will count as four pounds of food. The best way to support hunger relief in your community is by making a financial donation to a food bank, which allows them to use the buying power of the Feeding America network to acquire and ship healthy, nutritious food at deeply discounted rates.
- You may donate online at KyFoodFrenzy.com by clicking on the Donate Now button. When entering your gift, you must include the law firm name and include a designation of “Legal Food Frenzy.”
- Checks should be made payable to Kentucky Association of Food Banks.
- If you are contributing cash, please include a receipt with the contributor’s name, address and amount of donation.
- Capital Campaign gifts will not be counted towards the two-week competition
- Organizations that volunteer at their food bank between February 1 and
April 1(extended to April 7th, 2017) will have 100 pounds added to their score. Whether you have 2 participants volunteering or 200, your organization will earn 100 bonus pounds.
- Barrels or boxes to collect donated food items will be provided by the food bank. 100 pounds will be added to the score of organizations that travel to the food bank to pick up the donation barrels and promotional materials.
- Please do not contribute food items in glass containers.
- Please do not open items that are already packed in cases, cartons, or boxes.
- Candy will not be counted.
- Most needed food items are Peanut Butter, Canned Tuna, Canned Beans, Canned Soups, Stews, Pastas, 100% Fruit Juice, Canned Fruits, Vegetables, Macaroni and Cheese Dinners, Whole Grains, Low Sugar Cereals (boxed).
- Please fill out the end of campaign information form provided by the designated food bank and FAX/ email back to the food bank by the end of the day on April 7, 2017. (A food bank representative will be in contact upon registration to share the email address/phone number and contact name).
- All food and fund donations must be turned into the food bank no later than close of business April 14, 2017 in order to be counted towards the competition.
- If a firm delivers all food and monetary contributions to the food bank, you firm will receive a 25% bonus of tabulated pounds! Online and mailed financial donations count as delivered.
- It is very important that you tell the food bank the approximate amount of food you have collected at the end of the campaign in order for the transportation department to prepare properly.
- Food items will be weighed and the results tabulated in pounds by the food bank at the end of the campaign.
Thank you, and good luck!
Download a copy of the rules here.
For more information, email Info@KyFoodFrenzy.com or call 859-986-7422.