The following explains the rules for counting financial contributions to the Legal Food Frenzy for Feeding Kentucky (formerly the Kentucky Association of Food Banks).
Each dollar contributed will count as 8 pounds of food. The firm or legal organization contributing the most will win the Attorney General’s Cup. Prizes will also be awarded in 7 categories: Sole Practitioner, Small Firm, Medium Firm, Large Firm, Law School, Corporate legal department and Government Entity. New this year: an award will also be presented to the KBA Supreme Court district that contributes the most. The contest begins March 11 and ends March 18, 2019. The designated food bank must receive all donations by March 29.
- Law firms, law schools, corporate legal departments and government entities sign up to compete at KyFoodFrenzy.com/register. Law firms with multiple office locations should sign up individually but will compete as a single entity.
- Organizations signing up by March 1, 2019 will have 100 pounds added to their score.
- Designated team leads will be contacted by a representative of their regional food bank upon enrollment.
- Organizations that volunteer at their designated food bank between February 1 and March 18 will have 100 pounds added to their score.
- Each dollar contributed will count as eight pounds of food. The best way to support hunger relief in your community is by making a financial donation to a food bank, which allows them to use the buying power of the Feeding America network to acquire and ship healthy, nutritious food at deeply discounted rates. Donations will support for hunger relief efforts in the donor’s county unless otherwise specified.
- You may donate online at KyFoodFrenzy.com. When entering your gift, you must include the law firm name.
- Donations via check should be made payable to Feeding Kentucky and mailed to PO Box 1824 Berea, KY 40403.
- If your team has cash to contribute, please consider making an online donation for that amount and keeping the cash. Please do not mail cash. If you must donate cash, please deliver to your food bank contact and include a receipt with the contributor’s name, address and amount of donation.
- Capital Campaign gifts will not be counted towards the competition
- Please fill out the End of Campaign Information Form (provided by your regional food bank) and FAX/ email back to your regional food bank contact by the end of the day on March 18th, 2019.
- All donations must be turned into the food bank no later than March 29 in order to be counted towards the competition. Online and mailed donations count as delivered.
- Winners will be announced on April 19.
Thank you, and good luck!
Download a copy of the rules here.
For more information, email Info@KyFoodFrenzy.com or call 859-986-7422.