The contest begins March 1 and ends March 14, 2020. The firm or legal organization contributing the most will win the Attorney General’s Cup. Prizes will also be awarded in 8 categories: Sole Practitioner, Small Firm, Medium Firm, Large Firm, Law School, Corporate legal department, Government Entity and KBA Supreme Court District.
- Law firms, law schools, corporate legal departments and government entities sign up to compete at com/register. New this year: law firms with multiple office locations will no longer compete as a single entity; each office’s donations will be tallied separately.
- Team lead will be contacted by a representative of their regional food bank upon enrollment to make arrangements for collecting donations.
- Organizations registering by February 1, 2020 will have 100 pounds added to their score.
- Organizations that either pick up donation barrels from their designated food bank or use their own boxes will have 100 pounds added to their score.
- Organizations that volunteer at the food bank between January 15 and March 15 will have 500 pounds added to their score.
- Organizations with 100% participation of all attorneys and staff will have 100 pounds added to their score.
- Each dollar contributed will count as eight pounds of food. The best way to support hunger relief in your community is by making a financial donation to a food bank, which allows them to use the buying power of the Feeding America network to acquire and ship healthy, nutritious food at deeply discounted rates. Donations will support hunger relief efforts in the donor’s county unless otherwise specified.
- Donations may be made online at com. When entering gifts, donors must include the law firm name.
- Donations via check should be made payable to Feeding Kentucky and mailed to PO Box 5522, Frankfort KY 40602.
- Please do not mail cash. Use the online donation form to make donations or mail a check instead.
- Capital Campaign gifts will not be counted towards the competition.
- Complete the End of Campaign Information Form and FAX/email back to your regional food bank contact by the end of the day on March 16th, 2020.
- All donations must be delivered to the food bank no later than March 18 in order to be counted towards the competition. Online and mailed donations count as delivered.
- Winners will be announced on April 3.
- Awards will be presented at the Kentucky Bar Convention in Covington on June 25.
Download a copy of the rules here.
For more information, email Info@KyFoodFrenzy.com or call 502-699-2656.